Om Sai Ram. Fortunate are those devotees, who had been lived with Shri Sai Baba in Shirdi. Whose tombs built in Shirdi and are also being taken care of by Shri Sai Baba Sansthan in Shirdi? Shri Sai took every care of them, and even after leaving their mortal being, Baba kept their souls nearer and ever conscious of Him.
1. Nanavali (Shankar Narayan Vaidya): A true Sai devotee who took his last breath on the 13th day of Baba`s Mahasamadhi that is on 26th October 1918. He once asked Sai Baba to get up from His Gadi(Seat) so that he can seat on it. Sai Baba immediately got up and left the Gadi for him. Sai Baba showed no ego or pride with this act of Nanavali. After seating for a while Nanavali got up and fell down at Sai Baba feet. The relationship Nanavali had with Sai Baba like that of Hanuman and Lord Shri Ram. One will notice these tombs built in Shirdi inside Shri Sai Baba temple complex on the right side while going to Lendibagh. Nanavali tomb is in middle among these tombs.
2. Bhau Maharaj Kumbhara: Among other tombs built in Shirdi, Bhau Maharaj tomb is beside Nanavali`s tomb. This Sai devotee breathed his last on 27th April 1937. It is a mere surprise to know the works and deeds this Sai devotee was doing at that time. The Spiritual influence of Sai Baba had bestowed upon him. Bhau Maharaj had this vision that time about the very cleanliness and hygiene in Shirdi. As he came to Shirdi at a very young age, lived like a selfless and helpful person. Today mothers of young children pray for well being and a better future for their children near his Samadhi.
3. V P Iyer: This tomb is behind Nanavali`s tomb. He was an ardent devotee of Sai Baba. He had complete faith in Sai Baba. When Iyer Saheb transferred to Shirdi, his lifetime wish was fulfilled and remained in Shirdi. He breathed his last on 27th May 1944 embracing Photo of Shri Sai Baba. Shirdi villagers requested Shri Sai Baba Sansthan to built a Samadhi near other tombs built for Sai devotees.
4. Tatya Kote Patil: Sai Baba loved Tatya as His younger brother. Their bond of a relationship like two loving brothers. This made Sai Baba in protecting Tatya from every kind of mishappenings and danger. Thus, it is believed that Shri Sai Baba left His heavenly body for the shake of Tatya who was in bed for illness in the year 1918. Later Tatya Kote Patil breathed his last on 12th March 1945.
5. Haji Abdul Baba: The first tomb seen while going to Lendi Bagh is of this devotee of Shri Sai Baba. He was very close to Shri Sai Baba. Abdul Baba got the knowledge and wisdom of every action of Sai Baba. Then, He began writing the words and preachings of Sai Baba. Today this book is not available to the public for reading. This book had an in-depth meaning from Holy book of Quran. Haji Abdul Baba cured many types of diseases and maladies with the help of this Book. One can find a separate cottage specially dedicated to Abdul Baba in front of Chavadi, where Sai devotees visit with pure heart and love. At last, he left his heavenly body in the year 1954.