Stories and Teachings of Shirdi Sai Baba that will change your Life Forever
Important Visiting Places in Shirdi
Are you planning to visit Shirdi in near future? Following are the important visiting places during your Shirdi pilgrimage journey. Again your spiritual knowledge will increase manifold while think back to these historical monuments and surroundings.
1. Panchmukhi Vishnu Ganapati Temple: This temple is around 3 Kms from Shirdi Sai Baba temple. One among important visiting places in Shirdi. Famous astrologer Mr. Bejan Daruwala, an ardent devotee of Lord Ganesha inaugurated this temple in the year 2002. The temple opens at 07:00 AM and closes at 08:00 PM. Visiting this temple before going to Sai Baba temple will bring fortune to Sai devotees. Every month, on the 4th day of the dark fortnight (Sankast Chaturthi) devotees, come here in large numbers to get blessings from Lord Ganesha. Lord Ganesha is the destroyer of evil things. Hence all your obstacles are removed during your Shirdi pilgrimage journey.
2. Upasni Maharaj Ashram: Named after renowned Spiritual Guru Upasni Maharaj of Sai Baba`s period. He was earlier staying with Sai Baba in Shirdi. He got God realization from Sai Baba.
Upasni Maharaj taught three principal things. Firstly, do not harm or trouble anyone. Secondly, suffer for others and become useful to others. Thirdly, to remain satisfied and happy in any given circumstances. He had written many verses in Sanskrit languages which are being recited during Sai Baba Aartis. The popular Sloka, “Sada Nimba Vrukshasya Muladhi Vasaath” was crafted and installed in Sai Paduka at Gurusthan by Him.
3. Khandoba Temple: Among other important visiting places in Shirdi, The Khandoba temple is very nearby. Khandoba temple in Shirdi is just very near to Shri Sai Baba temple. This temple is considered as of 700 years and might have been built in the 13th century. Lord Khandoba an Avatar of Lord Shiva is the presiding deity of this temple. Lord Khandoba is also considered as the savior and guardian angel of Shirdi village. Prior to the times of Sai Baba, This temple is the only one where regular Pujas done by villagers of Shirdi. A Goldsmith named Mhalaspati looks after this Puja regularly.
Sai Baba first noticed by Mhalaspati, when came to Shirdi with Chand Patil`s marriage party. The Banyan tree of that time where Sai Baba first gets down is also alive now. Upasni Maharaj also stayed in this temple for some years.
4. Baba`s Old Shirdi: This is around 4 Kms from Shirdi Sai Baba Temple. It is also called as Sai Heritage Village. While going towards Pune on Ahmednagar route, will find this place after passing Nisarga Cottage Hotel.
For devotees visiting Shirdi, must visit this place with their family and children. Presently, Rs. 100 only is charged as an entrance fee to this site. On entering, one feels going 100 years back and living in Shirdi village with Sai Baba. There, one finds the life-size statue of Sai Baba as well as the statue of Shirdi villagers of those periods. Here, the lifestyle of Shirdi villagers, their houses, clothes, and economic activities are depicted naturally. The ambiance and atmosphere of this place are peaceful and calm replicating Sai Baba`s old times. Inside there is a toy train and gaming activities which makes worth visiting.
5. Wet-N-Joy Water Park: If you have time to spend in Shirdi after having Darshan of Sai Baba than visiting this water park is in the last choice. Official timing for this park is 10 AM to 6 PM.